Friday, March 27, 2009

Adventures at Home: Part 1

The last time I went home for a week I was able to take a day trip and an over-night trip. Here is my recap of the first...

Fayetteville, TN is one of our favorite places to go when I come home. It's only about 30 minutes away and is a great place to spend the day. Mom and I go almost every time I'm home and this time we brought friends with us.

We started with lunch at our favorite restaurant on the town square, O'Houlihan's (Jen and I had lunch there in college) and then to one of my two favorite antique shops, The Magnolia.

The town is so fun with it's old town square - shops, restaurants, and businesses surrounding the courthouse. We usually make our way around the square and then go just off of it to the Best Fabric Store Ever. You think I'm kidding, but no, it really is the best. Can you say designer fabric for $1-$3 a yard???

After eating, going through piles of fabric and browsing through several other shops we just had to stop and the local coffee shop for a pick-me-up.


Our very last stop was to Sissy's Antiques. It's where I found the Buffet and a few other prized items. I hit gold again that day.


I had passed up an antique milk-glass urn on a previous trip and had regretted ever since. Thankfully, I found it right where it was before and next to it I saw the sight that made my day. I have a strange affection for old blue ball jars. I have several in my bedroom and they are perfect for holding pens, flowers and anything else you can think of. They usually run about $6-10 dollars a piece depending on the size. I found a booth that had them all at 40% off!
I picked 2 to bring home.


Here is the loot...Isn't the urn pretty? I love the detail around the bottom.


After bringing this one home I checked on eBay to see if, by chance, I could find another and I did. for $9.00 I received a matching one in the mail the other day...now I just need an occasion for matching flower arraignments.

No comments: