Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What My Yard Needs Now Is Blooms, Sweet ...

...Blooms!

Amazingly, the daffodils and hyacinths have already finished blooming here. We are left with lots of lush greenery, but very little color. I have been mapping out what I want to add to the yard this spring and made my first purchase today towards the final plan.

We have a sad, little, black lamppost by the walkway in our front yard. It has a vine creeping up it, but it's quite ugly and hasn't bloomed the past three years. So today I bought a clematis to replace the vine.


Hopefully, in a month or two, I'll have these brightening up the front of the house! BTW: I found this website very helpful in choosing which type to plant.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So pretty! Though Vegas has its own rugged, desert-ish beauty, I was daydreaming today about hydrangeas, wisteria and especially Belhaven's gorgeous azaleas! I mean, cacti have their charm, but I already miss the green.