I have several pieces of furniture that need to be reupholstered as well as a quite a few ideas swarming around in my mind for possible future decorating. Shockingly enough a good many of those involve one of two fabrics:
Kelly Wearstler's "Imperial Trellis" (made in a fabric and wallpaper by Schumacher)

and a fabulous green print entitled "Ogee" from Pottery Barn (it's listed as a "Grade E" upholstery fabric on their website).

Well the Schumacher print is upwards of $100/yard and the Pottery Barn is not sold by the yard. What's a girls to do? She is to discover this fabulous shop off of this blog. Who knew googling "Imperial Trellis knock-off" would bring such desired results?
While browsing P. Tree Textiles to see what other great things I might find I stumbled upon the Ogee fabric too.
Here they are at $15.99/yard and $16.99/yard, respectively. Compare them with the original pictures - they look great!
I won't lie - I'm thrilled to my toes. I'm ordering samples this week and can't wait to see how they look to decide which to use on my first project...recovering my dining room chairs!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! That is so amazing that you can just buy knock-off prints! I had no idea. Well, keep us all posted on how they look if and when you decide to use them!
I had never been to Anthropologie until yesterday. Shouldn't have set foot in that store, but I really did like it. So bright and colorful. Wow, have you ever created something based on something you saw on that store? POST!
I hope you post the dining chairs after you get the new fabric on them! Were the samples all that you had hoped they would be? Love your blog - please post more!
i'm definately getting some!
Post a Comment