No, no post about the new office yet. I will, however, grant you the pleasure of seeing the lovely little chair I am sitting in at this moment.
It all started when I was looking for furniture for my college house. My mother (the master garbage collector) picked this up off the street. It was in great shape but came covered in a most unfortunate fabric.
I proceeded to paint it black, along with a few other mis-matched chairs, and covered them all in coordinating fabrics.
Since moving in this house (ahem..a few years ago) I've had it in my room as my desk chair - black paint and all. I was waiting to find the perfect fabric.
Black painted chair w/lime green fabric + pale blue and yellow bedroom = tacky.
Well, I found the fabric and ti was time for a change. I bought two cans of spray primer (it took that much to cover the black) and a nice yellow paint and went to work.
I covered the seat in a Waverly fabric and ...
...here you go - new chair! I bought enough fabric for shams for my bed.
Pictures will come soon!
3 comments:
No way! I love what you did with it. I also looked back at your table post--that was fun!
I was inspired by this, so I went trash day shopping this afternoon.(Daniel and I found a nice pair of cowboy boots that fit him and a wonderful working wheelbarrow this morning!)
I did find a chair that I'm not in love with, but I need you to look at and see if it has ANY semblance of possibility. I'll email it to you.
Amanda
that is one of my favorite fabrics! love it!
Oh wait until I post of the pics of the pillow shams I made from it! They turned out really cute despite my sewing inadequacies.
Post a Comment