I have been wanting to get rid of my square kitchen table for a while and replace it with a round one, preferably one with a pedestal base. Like this one...

To my delight I received a call from my mother one day and she told me the following, "I was driving down the street and saw a great table sitting out by the trash. It's in great shape, it's just ugly so I grabbed it for you if you want it." Now my mother is a PRO at trash day shopping. I have a living room chair, a vacuum cleaner, two front porch rocking chairs, a planter and now a kitchen table from the trash heaps she has scavenged.
When I finally got home to see the table it was perfect...and it was UGLY (see picture).
Here is a close-up of the leaves...
Always the seeker for affordable and easy solutions I grabbed dad's electric sander and a few bottles of ivory spray paint and went to work.
It took a good while to get the maroon and gold-trimmed magnolias off the table (yes, there were metallic gold "accents" all over it), but it worked and was definitely worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment