Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3

So today is my birthday...I am spending most of it looking at the floor, the sofa, the sheets on my bed, the pages of a book and the computer.  The recovery for a detached retina is not something I would like to experience again (do you hear that, eye?).  In two days I will go back to the doctor and, hopefully, will then be able to keep my head up all the time.  In the meantime, let me tell you what I've been doing to keep busy keep myself from falling asleep (you tend to do that a lot when you are lying face down).

Reading:
  • I finished My Life In France on day two of recovery.  I loved it!  For those of you who are not familiar with the book it is Julia Child's autobiography of her time in France.  It will make you want to cook, eat, and travel to Paris to wander through the markets.

  • I listened to The Firm on my iPod.  I liked it, but I have to say that John Grisham's books that center around small towns in Mississippi are my favorite - none of this mob and escaping to the Cayman Islands stuff.

  • I started reading The Reason for God last night.  I'm only four chapters in to it, but so far, so good!  Tim Keller's writing is easy to read - you almost feel like you are in conversation with him.    


  • I'm also listening to The Brothers Karamazov on the iPod.  I know, I know.  I may never finish it, but I at least have to give it a shot.  

Watching:

I've caught up on The Office, Scrubs and Parks & Recreation.  I've also listened to every football game (and I mean every football game) that has been on over the weekend. 

I can't forget to mention the manicure and pedicure I got yesterday.  If you are going to look at your feet they should look good!  I would definitely recommend this to anyone in my position.  I walked out of there with OPI's "Your Royal Shyness" on my fingers and "I'm Not Really a Waitress" on my toes!

Of course I can check my email and repeatedly check the Anthropologie website to see if a certain skirt is on sale...

Any other entertainment ideas out there? 


No comments: