Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Recent Read (and Recent Deal)

I've had my eye on this coffee table book for a while.


It's one that I wanted, but certainly couldn't justify the $50.00 price tag...that is until I saw it for $12.98 at Barnes and Noble (hurry - they still have some). It has been a nice addition to our coffee table and many night the roommates and I and other friends have spent waaaaay too much time pouring over the pages.

Lets just say that if I ever become famous and need a fabulous wardrobe I'm going to hand this book to someone and say "Just copy everything in here". The book has great, detailed pictures and the history of all of Mrs. Kennedy's clothing.

This is my personal favorite. I think I could probably whip up a version of that for myself...


If you are fan of Mrs. Kennedy and her style check out this article at Domino - pictures of many of the rooms in the White House redecorated under her and other First Ladies. Did you know that before Jackie, there was no record kept of White House furnishings and presidents could take our nations antiques at will when they moved out? She started the White House Historical Association and other organizations and positions to keep the historical house intact.

You can also purchase this one and pattern your life around her.


In honor of her exceptional taste and style I might have to pop on over to J. Crew and grab one of these.

As was written in the The London Evening Standard after the Kennedy Administration: "Jacqueline Kennedy has given the American people… one thing they have always lacked: Majesty."

No comments: