Monday, September 8, 2008

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head...

and falling, and falling, and falling...After returning to Mississippi in the middle of August I was reminded of why I love North Alabama so very much. - it is never as hot as Mississippi. After only a couple of days of the unbearably hot/humid/sticky weather, we got a reprieve...a 2 day rainstorm.

Then 2 dry days, then 4 more days of rain, then a few days that were dry but filled with hysteria over Hurricane Gustav. After the 5 days of rain and 2 more without sun that Gustav brought, the ground finally dry again. (Thankfully we received no damage or even a power outage in this part of the state, but please continue to pray for those on the Gulf who had considerable damage).
It has been 4 days since it's rained, but it's supposed to start again tomorrow. I don't know if this is from Hurricane Ike making his way towards the Gulf or just plain rain. Needless to say I am in grave need of rainboots. You would think in a city that always has horrific weather in Hurricane Season there would be an ample supply of rainboots. WRONG. There are no rainboots to be found in the state of Mississippi. Over the past two weeks I have searched high and low for a pair to keep my feet dry.

Thankfully, I do have a cute pair of Sperry Loafers from college that I used for walking to class in the rain, but with this weather I need something with a bit more coverage.
In my quest for boots I have discovered many stores that offer them on-line. Target does not disappoint. I'm deciding between the Navy Dots and the Citrus Fruit.
I think the Navy Dots will win.
J. Crew also has a nice selection as does Boden, who makes these red and brown ones...they are just a bit out of my price range. BTW: if you are like me and anxiously awaiting the end to Hurricane Season you can watch the
Hurricane Season Countdown brought to us by the Weather Channel.

No comments: