Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy December...Let the Decorating Extravaganza begin!

I now have no shame in my Christmas Extravaganza.  And to be truthful, we put up most of the inside decor before Thanksgiving - the Christmas season just isn't long enough!

On Sunday afternoon there was a sight to see in our household.  Three girls (I, being one of them) managed to put up an 8 ft. Christmas Tree.  And no, we didn't break anything or hurt ourselves in the process.  I must say the key to our success was THE BEST CHRISTMAS TREE STAND EVER.  Here is a link so you can go buy one yourself.  It is made for trees that might have a crooked trunk, but is is super easy to use and I think I will use one forever more.  We did have to trim off two bottom branches with a hand saw, but that wasn't too much trouble.  

On Monday night we decorated it.  I have a vast collection or ornaments at my parents house and brought back all of my non-breakable ones for this tree (I'm a bit protective of my collection).  The roommates and I started the tradition of giving each other a small gift last year, which was really an ornament exchange and we continued it this year too.  

Here are the ones that were added to my collection this year.  

All of us  received this one from one roommate! - A picture of our house and the date.


Someone knows me well... War Eagle!



And this one isn't on my tree in Mississippi, but it's the one my mother gave me this year.  Ever since I moved to MS we have been looking for a magnolia ornament and this year she found one! 



Here is the a picture of our finished tree!  In the past we have decorated but never put up a tree and it really is wonderful to have one in the house.  In fact, I would rather not go anywhere this month and just sit in our living room.  



2 comments:

Amanda said...

Lovely tree! I love the bow etc coming out at the top! So fun, you are so talented with your use of colors!

Where did you get your tree skirt? Did you make it? Daniel wants me to sew one for ours, and I'm hesitant and need guidance.

SM said...

ME bought the tree skirt at Premier Fabrics in Jackson. They had some pre-made, but you could easily make one yourself!