Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A very sporty Thanksgiving

Well...you can officially call us crazy.  My family has rented a lake house near our very dear Alma Mater for Thanksgiving so that we may attend our school's biggest football game of the year.  That's right.  We're giving up the coziness of Thanksgiving around the dining room table for the Iron Bowl.
 
Due to this change in location we've mixed the menu up a bit as well as our regularly scheduled activities.  This year we will be descending upon this poor, unassuming home with  "The Bag Of Unlimited Fun" (a family gathering staple) that is sure to be filled to the brim with puzzles, decks of cards and board games.  The ladies have been planning the menu and I'm ready to start cooking!



For my part I am making the Barefoot Contessa's French Green Beans and these amazing-looking Buttered Rosemary Dinner Rolls rolls from the Pioneer Woman.  I'm hoping to find whole wheat dinner rolls instead of regular white.  That way they'll be healthier...since I'll be using all that butter :)



Hope you're holiday is filled with lots of thankfulness, joy and a big War Eagle!




1 comment:

Mary Martha said...

Have fun in AU! My family will be there too! They get there sometime today.