November.
Halloween is over, Thanksgiving is coming up and Christmas is drawing closer. We have pine cones in bowls all around the house to encourage the "Fall" feeling and bit more (which is needed since the weather is still in the 70's). We've been burning the pumpkin spice candles a lot too. However, the best thing we've done was an ingenious (yet, seemingly obvious) act of my roommate.
I awoke Saturday morning to a smell that I was sure was some fabulous baked good. I stumbled into the kitchen (literally) and and saw of pot of brown liquid simmering on the stove.
Smart girl had filled a sauce pan with water and a good amount of cinnamon and the whole house smelled wonderful. I don't know why I've never done this before! Forget having to buy a package of mulling spices, an expensive candle or a crock pot full of apple cider - water, cinnamon and a few cloves do the trick.
You could probably add a few tsp. of pumpkin pie spice too.
The key is to make sure you don't let the water get too low. Simmer on low for a few hours and add water when needed. Believe me - burned cinnamon is not an aroma you want filling your house this holiday season.


1 comment:
Aww, I too want to encourage the fall feeling . . . it's in the 70's here too!
I always feel so seasonally rushed by the stores bringing out their sweaters and Christmas decor so dang early.
This is a good idea, I think I'm going to have to do it.
Post a Comment