Saturday morning started off with a lot of flowers at the church where I did actually do something! Under the direction of people much more talented than myself, I made a matching flower arrangement with another girl for the entry-way of the sanctuary.
Here is the beginning...
...and here is the finished product! I liked it :)
Afterwards, Mom and I rushed home for our annual pre-Easter brunch. Here is what is left of the mound of French toast that Dad made.
We always top it with fresh blueberry syrup, the remains of which can be seen on my very empty plate.
After everything was ironed for the next morning I should have gone to bed, but instead I stayed up and watched Slumdog Millionaire withe the boys. I had been wanting to see it and am so glad I did!!! It is wonderful and if you haven't watched it you should.
Easter morning came early. We started with our Easter baskets that were left on the kitchen table. The Easter Bunny must have had a great time at Fresh Market because our baskets were full of fresh goodies. Mine included a pot of basil, spring fling coffee, my favorite dark chocolate and a few more surprises.
(Yes, mom has Easter-egg place mats)
After church, which was wonderful, we came back to the house to turn the backyard into a suitable place for lunch (this is not very difficult in my parent's yard).
For place cards, Mom and I wove little nests out of the Confederate Jasmine that is climbing up the sides of my old playhouse.
We lunched on pork tenderloin, French green beans, corn souffle, strawberry salad and an Italian cream cake. And Mom made sure to have plenty of eggs hidden for the youngest guest to hunt.
Here is baby brother hiding them...doesn't he look dapper in his matching bow-tie and slacks?
And here is other brother in his preppy Easter attire with our 14 year-old sheltie, Ginny.
No comments:
Post a Comment