Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Filling up the wall space...

Five years ago I purchased four antique fruit crate labels at a flea market. I had intended to get them framed and one day, hang them in a kitchen. Well, I have had a kitchen of my own for the past three years and completely forgot about the labels tucked away in a drawer at my parents house.
While going through some things this summer I found them and remembered the plans I originally had for them. I want to do a collage of the labels and maybe a few other small "art" pieces. Thankfully (in this case) my house boast many empty walls so finding a space large enough for several pieces isn't a problem.

Thus far I have acquired two vintage seed packets from eBay and am on the search for a few other items.


I'm also looking for frames that match the style I'm going for. There was a store in my college town that had the best picture frames made from reclaimed wood and old tin ceiling tiles...unfortunately I haven't had much luck finding them here.

So stay tuned for the final pieces of the collection and frames that will surround them!

No comments: