Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Buried Treasure

A month or two ago, after running an errand with my roommate, I went to an estate sale in the neighborhood. Most of the furniture and decor in the house was junk and I was about to leave when I walked past this set of 6 chairs in the living room. They were priced at $180 and were already 50% off. I wasn't quite convinced so I went home to mull it over for a few hours.

Finally at 3:00pm I decided to go back and see if they would lower the price. I realize that $90 dollars for a set of 6 antique dining room chairs is an amazing deal, but I didn't really need them and I love a good bargain!

Although I was sure they would be gone, I returned to the house only to find them still sitting there. I walked up to the guy in charge and asked for the best price he could give me. After throwing a few prices around between us we finally settled on $65. Thats right! I paid $65 for SIX dining room chairs - all in good condition!

To top it off was at home visiting my parents two weeks later and decided to run by an antiques store. While browsing I ran across a set of 6 chairs exactly like mine and what were they being sold for -$550!

The chairs are in need of a good polishing and new fabric (which I am on the hunt for) so stay tuned to see the coming results.

No comments: